Based in San Diego, CA
DescriptionFrom the mind of a Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare developer comes Paperbound, a competitive couch multiplayer game for 2-4 players. Play as storybook characters that have been brought to life for the sole purpose of delicious mayhem in lightning-fast battles. Run with scissors. Walk on walls. Invert gravity with the twitch of a thumb, melee unsuspecting friends, and lob ink bombs from the ceiling. Laugh with glee as your enemies hurl themselves upon your blade, staff, or hammer. Be it intense competition or moments of pure hilariousness, there’s something for every brawler fan! Paperbound. Smashy, smashy fun for up to four friends in the same room.
- Free-form environments. Go anywhere! Up! Down! Sideways!.
- Four-player competitive multiplayer. Inception meets Smash Bros.
- Play as stick men or characters from ancient books
- Multiple game modes such as Classic Versus, Capture the Quill, Longer Live the King, and Last Man Standing
- Battle inside 5 books: Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Book of the Dead, A Book of Five Rings, Skull Kingdom, and Dante's Inferno
- Three weapons that all interact with each other. Reflect scissors and with swords. Detonate ink bombs with scissors, and more.
Pre-release Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Finalist - Seattle Indie Game Competition" Seattle, WA
- "Indie Prize Showcase Selection" Amsterdam
- ""the real test is going to be getting people to leave your house once they’ve started playing""
- Chandler Wood, playstationlifestyle.net
- "We're probably running over time, but let's just have another game because this is good."
- Danny O'Dwyer, gamespot.com
- "We got up close and personal with the game at PAX East 2014, and it was so much fun, we had to double back to get a second go-round with the game."
- Nick Harley, denofgeek.us
- "Paperbound is a new and inventive local multiplayer fighting game"
- Ethan V, gamnesia.com
- "We think this game is going to be the digital-only sleeper hit of 2014."
- John Saavedra, Den of Geek
- "It’s a gorgeous and fast-paced game"
- Ben Barrett, rockpapershotgun.com
- "Smash Bros. on crack"
- Dave Cook, vg247.com
- ""While already fun to play and incredibly addicting, Dan Holbert ofDissident Logic told me that he is planning to add a few dozen more levels to the game, making for a surefire dorm-room hit""
- Dan Shay, The Horn
- ""One of the most unique and hard-to-put down games I’ve ever played""
- Mariah Beckman, Gizorama
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Dissident Logic
A game studio dedicated to thinking differently and creating new experiences which are awesome enough that people are willing to pay for them. Dissident Logic was founded by Daniel Holbert, who had an awesome run as an engine programmer for High Moon Studios for six years. But AAA development could neither satisfy nor contain his creative impulses, and Dissident Logic was formed.
More information on Dissident Logic, our logo & relevant media are available here.
2D, 3D Environment Art
2D Environment Art
Chris White, White Noise Wave
Music and Sound
3D Environment Art
Jose Emroca Flores