Based in Florida
March 08, 2019
Paperbound Brawlers is a gravity-defying brawler/platformer where up to four friends tear through the pages of old books to have intense and hilarious battles. Paperbound combines platforming, twitchy combat, and gravity control in a competitive couch multiplayer environment. Between one and four players run with scissors, walk on walls, and lob ink bombs in whimsical-yet-intense battles within the pages of old storybooks. Play the campaign against AI bots when you're not schooling your friends.
- Free-form environments. Go anywhere! Up! Down! Sideways!.
- Four-player competitive multiplayer. Inception meets Smash Bros.
- Challenging AI for solo play or for rounding out uneven teams
- Multiple game modes such as Gravity Ball **(new!)**, Classic Versus, Capture the Quill, Longer Live the King, and Last Man Standing
- Battle inside 5 books: Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Book of the Dead, A Book of Five Rings, Skull Kingdom, and Dante's Inferno
- Three weapons that all interact with each other. Reflect scissors and with swords. Detonate ink bombs with scissors, and more.
- Play as one of 11 characters from old books
- Playable characters from other indie games including Guacamelee!, VVVVVV, Monaco, Cards and Castles, and Tumblestone
- Dissident Logic grants full monetization rights to anyone wishes to create videos of Paperbound or stream it live.
Official Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Dissident Logic allows for the contents of Paperbound Brawlers to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Paperbound Brawlers is legally & explicitly allowed by Dissident Logic. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.dissidentlogic.com/press/sheet.php?p=Paperbound.
About Dissident Logic
A game studio dedicated to creating new experiences which are awesome enough that people are willing to pay for them. Dissident Logic was founded by Daniel Holbert, who had an nice run as an engine programmer for High Moon Studios for six years. But AAA development could neither satisfy creative impulses, and Dissident Logic was formed. Dissident Logic grants full monetization rights to anyone wishes to create videos of any of our products or stream them live.
More information on Dissident Logic, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Paperbound Brawlers Credits
2D, 3D Environment Art
2D Environment Art
Chris White, White Noise Wave
Music and Sound
3D Environment Art
Jose Emroca Flores